P4I Student Design Contest – What, When, How & Where
Pedal4Innovation (P4I) is about testing new grounds. In the first part we were trying our own limits out with cycling for more than 450 miles. In the second one, we are giving a chance to the future generation of UK’s electronic engineers. Which means giving them the opportunity to win… 3 scholarships, equal to £3,000 each.
All you need to do is to show us what you’ve learned in the university and come up with an original design that solves any issue using up to three development boards.
When will the contest run?
• Starting October 1st, 2012
• Ending March 31st, 2013 (Also deadline for complete projects submissions)
• Registrations will be accepted between October 1st,2012 and December 31th, 2012
• Winner announcements mid April 2013
Who can participate?
• All currently university enrolled electronic engineering students in the UK
How does the contest work?
• SILICA’s & supporting suppliers provide a number of development boards to choose from.
• Download the PDF file with the catalogue of available boards
• Pick up to three of them to work with.
• Register for the “innovation pack”, provide a short synopsis of your project.
• You have six months to develop an innovative solution/idea using the three boards within your pack.
• SILICA & our suppliers form a panel of judges and in early April announce the winning designs/scholarship holders.
How to get started?
• Download Pedal4Innovation’s Development Board Catalog
• Choose up to three boards you want to work with*
• Write a short design proposal (max. 500 characters)
• Fill out the registration form (Please enter the names of the chosen boards as they are cited in the PDF catalogue!)
What do you win?
• £3,000 to use for paying your university fee
• Get a chance to be noticed by a leading semiconductor supplier
• Practice what you have learned so far in the university
* Please note that the boards are subject to availability! They will be distributed to contestants on a "first come, first serve" basis. So, don't take too long to register!