AD5755 - Industry’s First 16-Bit DAC with Dynamic Power Control
ADI’s highly integrated AD5755 data converter is a complete, multichannel control IC (integrated circuit) that incorporates four precision 16-bit DACs with programmable voltage or 4–20-mA output drivers, along with dynamic power control. The dynamic power control feature works by continually sensing the load impedance and delivering the required power to the load while minimizing power loss in the rest of the system. This reduces self-heating and temperature elevation.
The unparalleled combination of features and performance supports four times more channels than any other integrated converter, enabling up to four times more terminals at twice the performance in a single analogue I/O module. The new converter also lowers power consumption by 80 % and net thermal rise (silicon temperature minus ambient temperature) by 75 % compared to other control driver technologies.
- 16/12-Bit resolution and monotonicity
- Dynamic power control for thermal management
- Voltage or current output on the same pin
- IOUT Range: 0 mA - 20 mA, 4 mA – 20 mA or 0 mA – 24 mA ±0.05% TUE accuracy typ
- VOUT Range: 0 - 5 V, 0 - 10 V, ±5 V, ±10 V,±6 V,±12 V ±0.05% TUE accuracy typ
- User programmable Offset and Gain
- On-chip diagnostics
- On-Chip reference (5 ppm/°C Max)
- −40...+105 °C temperature tange
- Process Control
- Actuator Control