TPS84620 - 6 A Synchronous Buck, Integrated Power Solution
The TPS84620RUQ is an easy-to-use integrated power solution that combines a 6 A DC/DC converter with power MOSFETs, an inductor, and passives into a low profile, BQFN package. This total power solution allows as few as 3 external components and eliminates the loop compensation and magnetics part selection process.
The 9 x 15 x 2.8 mm BQFN package is easy to solder onto a printed circuit board and allows a compact point-of-load design with greater than 90 % efficiency and excellent power dissipation with a thermal impedance of 13 °C/W junction to ambient. The device delivers the full 6 A rated output current at 85 °C ambient temperature without airflow.
The TPS84620 offers the flexibility and the feature-set of a discrete point-of-load design and is ideal for powering performance DSPs and FPGAs.
- Complete integrated power solution allows small footprint, low-profile design
- Efficiencies up to 96 %
- Wide-output voltage adjust 1.2 V to 5.5 V, with 1 % reference accuracy
- Optional split power rail allows input voltage down to 1.7 V
- Adjustable switching frequency (480 kHz to 780 kHz)
- Synchronizes to an external clock
- Adjustable Slow-Start
- Output voltage sequencing / tracking
- Power good output
- Programmable Undervoltage Lockout (UVLO)
- Output overcurrent protection
- Over temperature protection
- Pre-bias output start-up
- Operating temperature range: –40...+85 °C
- Enhanced thermal performance; 13 °C/W
- Meets EN55022 class B emissions
- Broadband and communications infrastructure
- Automated test and medical equipment